- Bone broth fat
- Spuds (agria are great for roasting)
- Butter or extra virgin olive oil (if you don’t have quite enough broth fat)
- Rosemary (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Crank your oven up to about 180 degrees (fan bake).
- Cut your spuds in large chunks, and boil them until they are soft around the edges but not quite mashable.
- Scrape some Essential Broth fat into roasting tray (add some extra butter or extra virgin olive oil if you are roasting lots of spuds – olive oil and butter both resist oxidation at high heats – so they are a safe option for roasting), and heat it up in the oven.
- Drain your spuds well.
- Optional: Toss them through some flour (you could use almond flour if you need something gluten-free) for some extra crunch. You could add some chopped rosemary if you have some handy.
- Toss them through the hot fat – back into the oven – and roast for about 45 minutes (turning them every 10-15 minutes) or however long it takes to get them perfectly golden.