MEXICAN SPICED CHICKEN With Organic Chicken Broth
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1kg boneless skinless chicken thigh (cut into large chunks)
- 500ml Organic Chicken broth (fat removed)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 x shallots (chopped)
- 1 x tin chopped tomatoes
- Fresh chopped oregano (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce or 1 tsp brown sugar
- Spice mix:
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- Combine spices (you can make up a big batch, it is great for anything on the BBQ).
- Marinate chicken with spice mix, lemon juice and garlic for at least an hour in the fridge.
- Set oven to 180 degrees.
- Drizzle olive oil into a roasting dish, and bake chicken and chopped shallots for 10mins.
- Reduce oven to 160 degrees.
- Add tinned tomatoes, oregano, sweet chilli or brown sugar, and the chicken broth.
- Bake until tender and sauce is slightly sticky
Great for Chicken & Avocado Quesadillas (or any of your favourite Mexican dishes):
Spread refried beans on one tortilla, and avocado on the other. Fill with Mexican Spiced Chicken, sliced chorizo, and your favourite cheese, and bake until crispy. Top with guacamole, salsa and sour cream. Delish!