BROTH BLOCKS With Beef Broth and Avocado
1.5-2 cups of fruit (peeled and chopped, frozen or fresh)
1 x 500ml packet of Beef Broth
Juice of 3-4 lemons/limes
2 tablespoons of honey
6-10 mint leaves
- Scrape the fat from the top of the beef broth (easiest when it is partially defrosted), and save it for cooking veges in.
- Blend all ingredients together.
- Taste the mix, and add more lemon/lime juice, or more honey to taste.
- Pour into ice-blocks molds and freeze.
Great things about this recipe
- All the ingredients are optional (except the broth!). Coconut cream, pears, and cacao powder are great additions.
- You can use any amounts you like – just start mixing and tasting to find out what works for you.
- This is a fantastic way to get nutrient-dense food into children. It is dinner and dessert on a stick!
To add some colour, and a hint of berry flavour, try sprinkling some freeze dried berry powder into the molds first.